Hellenic Society of NDT (HSNT)
The Hellenic Society of Nondestructive Testing (HSNT) was founded in 1987 by a small team of scientists and specialists in NDT in Greece and currently HSNT is the only Hellenic National non-profit Society for NDT.
HSNT encompasses today more than 580 members, including 70 professors of various Hellenic or European Universities, 20 corporate organizations, all ASNT level III certificate holders in Greece, more than 80 Greek industries, companies and organizations with approximately more than a 1000 NDT inspectors. Ex: the Hellenic Aerospace Industry (EAB), Hellenic Organization for Standardization (ELOT), Olympic Airways (OA), Shipyards, Refineries, Hellenic Electricity Industry (PPC), Hellenic Council for Accreditation (ESYD), Hellenic Air force Research Center (HARC), Hellas Lab Association, Civil and Military Aviation and Hellenic Petroleum Co.
According to HSNT statutes, the purposes of the Association are:
• To promote the technology of NDT in Greece.
• To organize lectures and educational seminars in NDT.
• To promote theoretical and practical research in NDT and publish the results.
• To provide advice on NDT quality control.
• To continually keep members up-to-dated in NDT subjects.
• To make available and publish magazines, pamphlets and books on NDT.
• To promote the NDT interests of its members.
The Society cooperates with similar societies worldwide, in the interest of promoting NDT technology.
On March 2005, HSNT was accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation System (ESYD), according to ELOT – EN – ISO / IEC 17024 standard, as an Independent Certifying National Body, in order to run Examination Centres for Qualification and Certification of NDT personnel in Greece.
At this moment HSNT has approved two Examination and Certification Centers in Greece, the Technology & Quality Control Center (TQCC) in Volos and Athens, and the Welding & NDT Institute (WNDI) in Athens.
Dr. Ioannis Prasianakis
+30 210 7723759