International Committee for NDT (ICNDT)
The International Committee for NDT (ICNDT) was formed on 15 March 1960, just prior to the 3rd World Conference on Non-Destructive Testing, which was held in Tokyo, Japan, from 16-21 March 1960.
ICNDT is a non-profit association devoted to the development of the science and practice of non-destructive testing in conjunction with existing NDT societies and recognised regional groupings of NDT societies.
ICNDT has recently broadened its horizons and has set itself a number of important objectives:
- To be the international organisation that acts as the prime focus on non-destructive testing for the benefit of the involved
community and the public in general;
- To promote international collaboration in all matters relating to NDT;
- To encourage the foundation, growth, development and cooperation of national and regional societies;
- To assign the place and organisation of the World NDT Conference to an appropriate NDT society or group of socities,
at intervals of four years;
- To establish with continental groupings of NDT societies initiatives for implementing ICNDT policy;
- To encourage the formulation of international standards of non-destructive testing in collaboration with the International
Organization for Standardization (ISO) and other standards bodies;
- To establish an ICNDT Multilateral Recognition Agreement (MRA) of NDT personnel certification and the development of
a process for the ICNDT assessment and approval of NDT personnel certification bodies.
+44 1604 893821
Product and Service Categories